|Location||Cape Coast, Ghana|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2020|
Education / Teaching
The Centre for Coastal Management (CCM) at the University of Cape Coast (UCC) invites applications for a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship on the Africa Centre of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR) Project in Ghana, from eligible and interested candidates.
• Includes areas of research priority for the CCM's ACEoR Project, Coastal Geomorphology and Engineering, Blue Economy, Climate Change Adaption and Mitigation, Disaster Risk Management and Migration and Ecosystems and Biodiversity.
Qualification Required & Experience
• suitable applicants must have completed their PhD studies within the past three years (from 2017).
• The postdoctoral fellow must have a background in one or combination of the following areas; Fisheries and/or Aquaculture, Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM), Oceanography, Climate Science, Economics, Environmental Sciences, Sociology and other fields related to the research priority (quantitative and qualitative) and good knowledge and application of Geographic Information System (GIS) and remote sensing (RS) are required and will give suitable candidates a competitive advantage
The Fellows will work within the scope of the priority/thematic areas of research at ACEoR and will be assigned the following responsibilities.
• Conduct research required in the assigned thematic area to the highest standard and in accordance with all institutional and national regulations
• Liaise with research theme leads and staff of CCM to design and implement research instruments, protocols and other tools for laboratory and field data collection and analyses
• Coordinate the acquisition of ethical clearance for all research at the Centre and support the coordination of students research activities
• Contribute to the development of grant-winning research proposals for the centre
• Support the datahub outfit of ACECoR in collating and managing data from students and
• Perform any other assignment as shall be assigned by the Director of CCM/ACECoR
Benefits attached to this position are attractive
Location: Cape Coast
All suitable applicants should submit their application to the Director, Centre for Coastal Management, University of Cape Coast on or
All applications should include:
• Application Letter
• curriculum Vitae
• Letter of motivation
• Two reference letters
• 5 page research proposal
Send your application via email to:
Under the subject ACECoR Postdoc Fellowship
Closing Date: 09 September, 2020